Party like its 1999 : Dow 20,000 and Trump

The Dow Jones or the Dow is an index of 30 of the largest stocks. As of Today it’s nearing 20k.  Many people are putting this ” rally” on Trump becoming the next president . When it was Trump himself who said things like “false market” and “Markets in a ‘big, fat, juicy bubble” . Back in June Trump sold all of his stocks.

When this ” juicy bubble burst, will the liberal media  blame Trump for the burst of the bubble that he himself predicted ? Or will Trump keep the bubble going by depending on cheap money from the federal reserve which he accused Obama of doing the same thing. Now wouldn’t that be pot calling the kettle black or orange in this case.

In the late 1990s we had the first major market crash from the “tech bubble” since 1929.

8 thoughts on “Party like its 1999 : Dow 20,000 and Trump

• December 21, 2016 at 09:54

Can you explain the Dow farther, please? I do not understand the stock market well. I understand the general concept, but I do not have deep knowledge of this subject. There are two sides to the media. There is one that is for a group, and one that is against a group. No matter what one side is going to blame the person they oppose for event that are going to happen. How would you fix the bubble without it popping and without taking “cheap money” from the federal reserve. What is “cheap money?”

• December 21, 2016 at 18:32

The dow jones is a collection of the top 30 American stocks such as at&t or Exxon. Why would the bubble need to be fix ? If something is being propped up its not a real market. The stock market has been used as political tool to make which ever party is in power look good. The stock market also has now become the new savings for most people because they have been told its always going up. When people say cheap money they mean low interest rates. Low rates also means someone with a savings account is getting less of a return on there money . This cheap money is also is why home prices are also at an near all time high . Interest rates are the price of money the banks get the lowest rates and the poor get the highest rates through things like pay day loans.

• December 23, 2016 at 13:57

I thought the fact that the money has no real backing would make the market fake. I agree that the market can be used to make a someone look good, but it can also do the reverse. Furthermore, I believe that the politicians themselves use it as a tool when they want to make themselves look good.
    Is the stock market always going up? Is this the best place for a common person to put their money?
    I understand what your talking about in reference to APR on loans. It is wild that the people who want the least pay the highest percent of APR. That is an effect of credit scores. How does credit scores play a role in the economy. What would happen if everyone had good enough credit to get the “cheap money?”

• December 24, 2016 at 11:15

Well you could say that it is true the dollar having no real value isn’t a true measure of the markets. The markets have been crashing in real terms when price in gold. You asked is it good for the common person to put there money. Well no its not, but because ” cheap money” people are not getting a return on there savings. In fact with inflation there losing money do to inflation. So people put money into things like a 401k which is mostly into the stock market. This cheap money or low rate policies are hurting savers . While add fuel to the bubble /fake economy. When the stock market goes up it makes people feel good . Which causes people to do things like borrow for a home cause home prices to go up . This also benefits the rich but hurts the poor.

• January 6, 2017 at 18:58

I just say jill stein trying to say the dow 2ok was good for America. my response was how does that help the poor or middle class

• December 24, 2016 at 15:28

I don’t understand why we compare it to gold or any commodity when the dollar value is not based on that at all. From my understanding the dollar is valued in the dollars that we are going to pay back. It is like saying for every unicorn I make for you have to give me a unicorn and a half back. It is impossible to pay someone something back that they can only produce.
    I thought saving money hurts the velocity of money. If that is true wouldn’t it be better in a place where it makes more products/ programs that use the currency?

• December 24, 2016 at 18:33

There is a video that talks about a lot of things I have been talking about such as velocity of money and money printing general can I post it to the TPPN FB page ?