Going Green : Our Renewable Future

Last year one the presidential candidates  had a platform of a 100 percent renewable economy . Can this goal be met? The answer is both yes and no.

It all depends on what type of economy we want to have.  Do you want the same complex economic model we have now? Than the answer is no we can’t not have our current consumerism lifestyle .

For many reasons. First problem would be what are these products we consume made of ? Their made of oil as well as shipped hear from foreign countries using diesel fuel .  Then these products are thrown in landfills and replaced with the newest thing or people just collect this stuff because they somehow think it will make them happier . This leads to the second problem . People are living in much better houses than they did before the idea of consumerism . Yet at the same time the size of the average family has not changed.  Larger homes means it requires more energy too  both heat and cool.

People often say we can’t we be like Europe when it comes to  renewables. The problem is they look at the supply not the demand.  Europe  uses much more  renewables. But also requires much less energy .

8 thoughts on “Going Green : Our Renewable Future

• May 31, 2017 at 09:00

I feel like there are a great number of regular people willing to live simpler lives in the pursuit of renewable energy. I think the choice/option of it would be a more feasible push for it. For example have certain states or certain community areas committing to renewable energy. (with approval of current residents prior) Then it makes it more of an option to live in such an area and lead a simpler but more sustainable lifestyle.

• May 31, 2017 at 13:26

@disabcowboy People do not have to go back to caveman living to become 100{ad240bdc933e8291c170e386d0b01f82788bc4a8ea0d319192e75b222859f323} green. I doubt the United States will ever go 100{ad240bdc933e8291c170e386d0b01f82788bc4a8ea0d319192e75b222859f323} green, even if there was a Green Candidate as POTUS. However people can change the usage of fossil fuels by using natural energy. The State has made tax breaks for installation of green applications in the home or business for few time. While that is a great incentive of going more green the appliances are often to expensive for the common person. Things like solar panels, wind mills, and water turbines do not create a instant “payout.”
    These systems need to become more affordable and compact to become useful to the mass population. I think there will be business delivering energy stored from natural energy. I think it will work the same way as a coal or oil truck. The future of battery energy is already on the rise. I follow it a little right now. I think it will be a bigger study of mine in years to come.

• May 31, 2017 at 18:34

people often are looking at things around when it comes to energy . They never think of the idea of reducing the demand. As a mentioned before Europe uses much less energy the America . Much of Europeans are living a lifestyle similar to America before WW2. This is what we need to go back to .

• May 31, 2017 at 13:42

@melissarr3 It sounds like you are talking about the Amish life. Many people do not know this but they use electricity. They get their electricity from batteries. They don’t like the wires that connect them to the rest of society energy. My family and I went on a tour in Lancaster, Pa. It was very informative. It defiantly adjust you perspective on their life style (even if you went on the class trip in elementary school.)
    I think their could be an upgrade to what they do to make what you are talking about possible on a higher level. There has to be new energy companies that are willing to invest in giving local regions energy as a whole. The only other option is to hope that the current companies find money in the solar energy field.
    I also think their needs to be some legal adjustments. I read about a state that created a bill to charge people for the energy they retain from their wind mills. Laws like that can not exist, if a person invest into their own energy source. If there is a supplier of the energy then a person can and should be billed reasonably for services. There are also people who have had their kids taken away for being off the cities energy or water supply. Their has to be regulation on the welfare of a child when it come to energy at residence, but there should be very few question to determine if the supply of energy is effective. ( The most important one I can think of right now is “Does the energy supply provide enough energy to meet livable conditions?”

• June 1, 2017 at 06:03

I highly doubt the most amish are using electricity . Also if they do its at a fraction of the use of the modern life style. There is a youtube channel where people who use to live the modern lifestyle now are ” off the grid”

• June 2, 2017 at 10:20

I can or can not say that most of the Amish use electricity, but I can tell you that some use it. I got to see it with my own eyes. They just use batteries.
        Even the ones that do use batteries for electric limit their use by using natural sources.

Pardon my Language… How the fuck does a person who is living off the grid on YouTube. This is something to the extent of calling a place a “undiscovered civilization” while it is on the Discovery channel.

• June 2, 2017 at 19:02

the example I am talking about there off grid but don’t use any modern ” off grid ” things like solar panels . There live on a small house which is really a cabin. Since they past most of there time working on there farm . They use to be the typical city couple but decided they the ” America dream ” wasn’t making them happy.

Does this mean everyone has to live this way no it doesn’t but everyone has to decide for themselves . Instead of talking to people running for office we should be talking to people who really on want to change and are willing to change there lifestyles .

• June 2, 2017 at 19:11

I know what you are talking about now. I have seen the really small houses that people pull on the back of their car. I think that would be pretty sweet living.

I think it is important to talk to people who want to change their life style, but they are really hard to find. Generally people who are making great changes like that abandon the internet or at least social media first.

If you could find people like that I would gladly give sit down and talk with them.
      You can always send people to: http://www.peoplesperspectivenews.com/collaborate